Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Twilight

"About three things I was absolutely positive.
First, Edward was a vampire.
Second, there was a part of him and I didn't know how dominant that part might be that thirsted for my blood.
And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him."

"I'd never given much thought to how I would die though I'd to had reason enough in the last few months, but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this.... Surely is was a good way to die, in the place of someone else, someone I loved. Noble, even. That ought to count for something."

Summary: When Isabella Swan moves to the gloomy town of Forks and meets the mysterious, alluring Edward Cullen, her life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. With his porcelain skin, golden eyes, mesmerizing voice, and supernatural gifts, Edward is both irresistible and impenetrable. Up until now, he has managed to keep his true identity hidden, but Bella is determined to uncover his dark secret.

What Bella doesn't realize is the closer she gets to him, the more she is putting herself and those around her at risk. And it might be too late to turn back......



Review: Although it's been a few years since I've read the series, I remember it like yesterday. I was sitting in my Spanish class in highschool when one of my friends asked if I had read Stepahanie Meyer's book. I looked at her like she was crazy. I had never even heard of Stephanie Meyer or Twilight. After borrowing Amber's book, I realized that I had to get my own set. Some people think that the Twilight series isn't all that good. I have to disagree with them. I loved the twilight series. I remember at one point, I was going through the books and reading them just to write down the funny quotes. I kept them in a notebook somewhere. Where that notebook is today, I have no idea. The books are funny and although it gets on my nerves the way she wrote about vampires its still a good book. I never liked that Stephanie Meyer wrote Vampires as sparkling creatures. In my opinion vampires are supposed to be good looking, rich, deadly creatures of the night. Below are some quotes about what different people thought of Twilight:

The #1 New York Times Bestseller
A publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year
An Amazon "Best Book of the Decade.....so far"
A teen people "Hot List" pick

"Propelled by suspense and romance in equal parts[this  story] will keep readers madly flipping the pages of Meyer's tantalizing debut" Publishers Weekly

"The novel's danger-factor skyrockets as the excitement of secret love and hushed affection morphs into a terrifying race to stay alive......Twilight will have readers dying to sink their teeth into it." School Library Journal

"In the tradition of Anne Rice....this dark romance is gripping." Booklist


Author Bio: Stephanie Meyer graduated from Brigham Young University with a degree in English literature, and she lives with her husband  and three young sons in Arizona. After the publication of her debut novel, Twilight, booksellers chose her as one of the "most promising new authors of 2005" (publishers weekly). Her web site is www.stephaniemeyer.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Esme's wish

Guys i changed blog addreses so if you would like to see the post, please go to https://slytherinbooklady.wordpress.com/2018/05/24/esmes-wis...