Monday, June 26, 2017

The Seafarer's Kiss

Bio: 19 year old Ersel would love to see the world beyond what she knows. After befriending a shield maiden Ragna the world as she knows it changes. Will she be able to stay friends with Ragna or will it be more, or will she have to cut ties?

Review: Julia Ember creates an underwater world that you will not want to leave. This is one of the best retellings of The Little Mermaid I have ever read. If you love Norse Mythology and The Little Mermaid then this book is for you. I wish there was more to the story. It really reminds me more of Ursula's story then the little mermaid, but its so good. I didn't want to put this one down, but then again I don't want to put most book down. I found out that some of the things Ersel gets into I can somewhat relate well except for when she deals with Loki, who really reminds me so much of Ursula. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a fantastic read.

Disclaimer: I received this book as an E-ARC. I enjoyed the read and wish there was more to the story. I have to admit I was team Havamal instead of team Ragna but I do like the way the story wound up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Esme's wish

Guys i changed blog addreses so if you would like to see the post, please go to https://slytherinbooklady.wordpress.com/2018/05/24/esmes-wis...