Friday, December 15, 2017

Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls Trilogy #1)



Title: Shiver 
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Genre: Ya fiction, Fantasy
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Published: 2009
Chapters: 67
Pages: 390

Summary: the cold.

Grace has spent years watching the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf her wolf watches back.

The heat.

Sam has lived two lives. As a wolf, he keeps the silent company of the girl he loves. And then, for a short time each year, he is human, never daring to talk to Grace....until now.

The shiver.

For Grace and Sam, love has always been kept at a distance. But once it's spoken, it cannot be denied. Sam must fight to stay human and Grace must fight to keep him even if it means taking on the scars of the past, the fragility of the present, and the impossibility of the future.


Review: It has been forever since i've read this book so I'm just going off memory here. I do have the book sitting beside me though. I really loved this book. Granted i love stories about wolves and vampires and things. This book was an absolute fantastic read. I really need to get with it and read the next three in the series though. I'm not sure if i have a favorite part of this book. I guess when they first meet is my favorite, but im honestly not picky. It was a really good read and one of my favorite books. I will also have a review up soon on my youtube channel, as soon as i can get my mini book tour filmed and posted, i will work on book reviews.

Rating: I would give this book a 3 on my rating scale. On a normal scale i would give it around a 4.5 to 5 since its so good. 

Author Bio:


Maggie Stiefvater is the author of Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception and a sequel, Ballad: The Gathering of Faerie. Cynthia Leitich Smith, author of Tantalize, called Maggie's writing "musical, magical, and practically radiating romance....perfect for engaging sharp minds and poetic hearts." Maggie lives in rural Virginia with her husband and their two children. You can visit her online at www.maggiest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Esme's wish

Guys i changed blog addreses so if you would like to see the post, please go to https://slytherinbooklady.wordpress.com/2018/05/24/esmes-wis...